Friday, July 31, 2009

They're coming back tomorrow!

Today has been incredibly quiet and peaceful. Puddin' has been an absolute delight. My mom came over to play with Puddin' and help me get the house ready for everyone's return but even our flurry of cleaning was still calm. (Thanks for your help, Ma!) The stories I heard from down South were not calm - lots of loud laughter, cavorting, hamming it up, etc. Slightly tearful goodbyes but mostly just folks enjoying each other. There's a part of me that loves days like today. I can't maintain sanity without them. But I'm looking forward to having my wild and crazy girls back in the house (not to mention my handsome hubby.) I gladly trade a little sanity for having all five of us under one roof again.

It turns out that for much of August Monkey and Peanut will be with their mom so Stan and I are only getting them back for short doses. I know she has a right to time with them and I certainly don't begrudge her time with her kids - I just forgot to factor that into my plans. Here I've been dreaming of all the things we're going to do and we'll be doing well to get through a tenth of them. They are such loveable girls, everyone wants a piece of them. I'm grateful I get a turn but like a good potato chip, I'm left wanting more. Once school starts we'll be back to routine; that routine gets me daily hugs, lots of stories, and snacktime.

No comments:

Post a Comment