Friday, July 10, 2009

If the dress fits

A friend of mine just got engaged this week, which happens to be the very same week that I finally started working on my wedding album. I had already been digging through piles so when she told me the news I had plenty of checklists and magazines to share. I get to de-clutter a little, she might find some useful info. It may not be exactly win-win but it's not a bad deal either. She and I are also about the same size and height so she tried on my wedding gown. This was the first gown she'd put on so she had that I'm a bride glow about her. She may or not borrow it for her wedding but it was the sharing that was fun.

Then, at her insistence, I tried on my dress. Ooo, I love that dress. I also love that I still fit into it. I love the way it swooshes around. I love the tiny waist it provides. Being back in that dress was a little like putting on an old skin (ew, gross analogy.) It felt good to put on that tangible reminder of my own past and find that it still fits who I am today.

1 comment:

  1. I love this dress...especially the length! You look beautiful in this photo!

    ReplyDelete