Sunday, July 26, 2009

Auto Moto

Fabulous car, isn't it? We're driving later this week but not in quite this kind of style. Somehow I don't see the classic car as our best choice for the half day journey with a load of kids.

We're traveling back down South to pick up Monkey & Peanut! I'm so excited to see them again. When all is said and done, I'm willing to give up my (glorious) moments of quiet in order to have those two within reach of a snuggle. I'm not, however, so excited about the trip. Puddin' has started resisting her car seat even for short trips. She wants to walk and run and will puncture the eardrums of anyone who tries to tie her down. The poor dear has to endure the long journey twice in three days and it might be more than our usually easy going kid can take. I wonder if there's a patron saint of long car rides?

In honor of our trip (and thanks to a sale at the grocery store) I'm drinking Auto Moto Cabernet Sauvignon 2005. I'm not afraid of dry wines but here the tannins are noticeably harsh so the wine feels more dry and cottony than I'm comfortable with. With the aftertaste, it does mellow out a little and I find a hint of leathery taste that goes so well with steak. Assessment: Drinkable so if it's on sale and you're grilling go for it. It's probably not worth full price and is not likely to impress dinner guests.

I hope the trip is better than the wine.

Post Script: I went upstairs from writing this post and found Stan pouring over airline websites. After talking things through we found a reasonable option: Stan will be flying back with Monkey & Peanut, while Puddin' and I wait at home. A rather boring end to the story but a much happier one for most.

No comments:

Post a Comment