Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Red Guitar


I've been trying to write about this wine for a few days but I've spilled my glass not once but twice. Before this week I don't know when the last time I spilled a glass of wine was but here I've done it twice in one week. And for those wondering, I'd barely tasted when either of these accidents happened so it can't be blamed on the alcohol. I'm left pondering the possible message from the gods and my poor husband is ready to ban me from sitting on any of the nice furniture. So it is with embarrassment that I press forward with the review.

Red Guitar 2007
Old Vine Tempranillo Garnacha
Navarra, Spain
about $8

The label is cute. The website is catchy. The wine is refreshing. In some ways I'm grateful for the difficulty I've had in assessing the wine properly because it's the kind of wine that just wants to be loved. Taking a sip, I can hear the guitarist urging me to relax; submit to the wine, the music and the night. Tonight I'm going to take my glass outside and listen to the sounds of summer. I'll be enjoying the wine rather than thinking about it, which is all that Red Guitar ever wanted from me anyway.

1 comment:

  1. my dear cousin, you can really write...are you doing any freelance work...

    ReplyDelete