Monday, June 21, 2010

Tiny Bubbles

We're a musical household. Stan has a beautiful deep baritone voice. Peanut is learning guitar & piano. Monkey is trying them out too but her real love is dance, and visual arts. I'm trying to add guitar to my repertoire but singing is the part that comes most naturally to me. Puddin' is turning out to be quite the singer too. (Of course, at the moment Puddin' is pretending she's playing at a piano bar so who knows where she'll end up.)

Puddin' and I have a song for just about everything. We have food songs, sleepy songs, diaper change songs and now potty songs. Some of them we make up, and some we co-opt to suit our purposes. Along with potty training comes hand washing and hand washing must have its own song. The song we've settled on is "Tiny Bubbles." We put soap on hands, start scrubbing and sing until we see the tiny bubbles appear. This is a schmaltz classic from 50 years ago but it holds great power for this particular toddler. We haven't made it past the first line yet but I'm thinking we can make this work for us. If you have any ideas - brilliant or otherwise - for child-proofing the song I'd love to hear them.

Tiny Bubbles
words & music by Leon Pober

Tiny bubbles (tiny bubbles)
In the wine (in the wine)
Make me happy (make me happy)
Make me feel fine (make me feel fine)

Tiny bubbles (tiny bubbles)
Make me warm all over
With a feeling that I'm gonna
Love you till the end of time

So here's to the golden moon
And here's to the silver sea
And mostly here's a toast
To you and me

So here's to the ginger lei
I give to you today
And here's a kiss
That will not fade away

No comments:

Post a Comment