Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Walk in the Rain

It's been stinkin' hot around here but today there's a coolness blowing in along with some sweet-smelling summer rain. After our yummy, heavy Mexican lunch, Peanut and I went for a walk. We walked hand in hand, getting misted and drizzled by the soft rain, talking and laughing. She so rarely has a parent all to herself and she took full advantage of it. She regaled me with stories - from what would make God sad enough to cry to what colors her house will be painted when she gets older. Occasionally she recognized my silence with a comment about how much she'd been talking. I reassured her that I didn't see a problem and she gladly went back to telling me everything that was on her mind. And quite the mind it is, too. I often get so caught up in the daily doings that I lose track of the wonderfulness of each little person in our house. I'm grateful for the time and the reminder. I'm also thankful for my little Peanut.

No comments:

Post a Comment