Monday, May 17, 2010

Brown Chair


I've been fighting off buckets of snot the past few days and am thoroughly exhausted. This morning I felt a little better so I tackled my to-dos with more gusto than was smart. Halfway through the day I realized I didn't have anymore energy to spend.

Me: [big sigh]
Puddin': Mama fustated?
Me: No Sweetie, I just don't feel good.
Puddin': Mama sick. Mama sit.

Such a smart little darling. I had reached the part of my day when the workload is non-negotiable. I had to pick Monkey & Peanut up from school, and had to monitor homework time. I had to prepare dinner. Somehow, though, it didn't occur to me that I could sit down.

I plopped myself into the brown chair - the beat up, heather-sized leather chair in the corner of our living room. I sat while I thought up the dinner plan. I sat while the girls brought their homework to me in turn. I sat while Puddin' told me stories. I did eventually get up and do more work but I quickly went back and sat some more. I've always loved that ugly little chair but today I adore it.

No comments:

Post a Comment