Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Flashback

Stan was out this evening so I ran the show solo. Monkey & Peanut each had long lists of things to accomplish before bedtime so I was dreading the evening. They rose to the task, though. Each accomplished her list and had extra time to do something freely chosen. Extra time is elusive in this house so for both to find some borders on miraculous.

I finally got all three girls tucked in, lights out, and then had quite a flashback: Now that I've got the kids down, what am I going to do until the parents get home? That's right folks, standing there in my very own kitchen, after putting my own kids to bed, I thought for one fleeting moment that I was the babysitter.

I haven't yet decided what this says about my mental state.

2 comments:

  1. Well, you get out your books and study for Monday's test. Most of us who have done lots of baby sitting have that same kind of reaction then we humbly remember that we ARE the parents. Be blessed, lovely child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...I know the feeling! Sometimes I wish I could go home and sleep after a long night of babysitting!

    ReplyDelete