Tuesday, January 25, 2011

11 Things for 2011

Puddin' and I have been fighting a cold for a few weeks and since neither of us have been very good about sitting still and resting, we're both still struggling with the nasty cough.  We got through Peanut's birthday yesterday (Happy birthday my dear!) and her humongo nutrition project is almost done. I've got to rest up quick so I can get to work planning her Mystery Mansion birthday party coming up soon.

So, since I'm confined to the couch for the day, I'm spending WAY too much time online. I can finally get to that New Year's post I've been meaning to write.

I don't do standard New Year resolutions. I don't like putting that kind of pressure on myself. I do enjoy pondering and planning though. A new year gives me a good excuse for reflecting and setting some goals. Here are some things Stan and I would like in the coming year:

1. Play more games as a family
2. Let the kids get messy with crafts
3. Share my passions with the family
4. Incorporate scripture into our daily lives
5. Practice music more often
6. Laugh more when the kids are around
7. Be creative daily
8. Read the pile of parenting books by my bed
9. Get out and hike
10. Give the kids more one-on-one time
11.  Let the kids make their own mistakes

No comments:

Post a Comment