Monday, December 13, 2010

Snow Day? Please?

I heard "chance of snow" on the weather report this evening and felt an old familiar hope: SNOW DAY!

I know there won't be enough snow for a snow day tomorrow (but there's a slight chance later this week! pretty please?) I also know what a pain shoveling is (see the picture from the last post.)  Still, I like the sound of a snow day.

Reading together as a family, hot chocolate, board games, movie time, singing together, sledding, looking for animal tracks, baking, science experiments, craft projects,  ...

Come to think of it, one snow day won't be enough. Good thing we have a winter break coming soon. 7 more days of school, kids!

In the midst of all our Christmas planning and doing and rushing, what I want most of all is the time to sit and enjoy the season with my family. White Christmas doesn't mean much for me - we're already going to stay home that day anyway. I want the middle of a busy week day that stops us in our tracks.

And Stan, if you're reading this, I promise I'll make it up to you should my wish come true. I'll shovel and sled while you sit under a blanket with your hands around some spicy hot cocoa. Then, come summer heat, I'll stop complaining and enjoy the free time.

As for the rest of you - what are your favorite snowy day activities?

No comments:

Post a Comment