Thursday, July 15, 2010

I'm afraid I can't let you do that


iPhoto stole my photos. I entrusted my pics to iPhoto and then the program hid them from me. After weeks of trying to work with and then around the program I declared war. I did a google search to figure out how to get at my photos again and found language from mac users saying things like "iPhoto hid your pictures for a reason." and "Don't go digging in your pictures files or you might mess something up." and even "You don't ever need to know where your files are." I got so frustrated that I even had dreams about my computer turning into HAL. "I'm sorry Heather, I'm afraid I can't show you your photos." Finally, my hero Stan figured out how to get control of my pictures again. Thanks to my honey's efforts, I can get back to posting my own photos instead of stealing from other folks.

The photo above is of me at the pier in Fairhope, Alabama. Behind me is Mobile Bay and in the distance, the Gulf of Mexico. I'm posting this shot in celebration that the oil has stopped gushing. I'm hoping that the well and apparatus are now stable, and praying for a speedy recovery of that beloved shore.

1 comment:

  1. I have a co worker who began taking his 5 year old son to Dauphin Island every weekend immediately after the explosion. His reasoning was - there is no telling how long the fiasco would stretch on, and he wanted his son to have some sort of memory of the beach as it should be, in case permanent damage was done. Clever.

    Congratulations on the recovery of your photos! I'm also doing some aggressive photo management...look for more postings to We Are Not Dutch!

    ReplyDelete