Tuesday, April 20, 2010

3.14 and so forth

This morning Stan put on his pi shirt and I said "maybe I should make a pie." [side note: Stan's reply was "make it square and we can say πr²." We're so geeky.] None of the kids were up yet so I'm pretty sure we weren't overheard. Fast forward a few hours and Puddin' is playing with the plastic food in her grocery cart. She turned a purple star into a "hot chocolate pie cake." Hmmmm. & Mmmmm. The spirit of pi/pie has entered our home and will not leave until we have offered and eaten sacrifices. Now comes the big decision - chocolate or berry?

The picture, by the way, is from last summer. I bought a carton of pie cherries from a farmer's market on a whim and then whipped up a recipe of my own. It was the first pie I'd ever made completely from scratch. It was mighty tasty and I was darn proud. That was the moment I converted to the holy order of pie. All hail the almighty π.

postscript: I finally settled on a chocolate banana pudding pie with graham cracker crust.

No comments:

Post a Comment